Respite and Wellness Service (RWS)

Our Lady of Consolation's Respite and Wellness Service (RWS) supports and maintains the care relationships between carers and clients. The service has a strong focus on maintaining and improving both the wellbeing and health and fitness of both the client and carer. 

Two independent evaluations have demonstrated that our service is very effective in improving the participants’ sense of wellbeing, and in making carers feel supported and valued.

How to Get Started

You will have to have your needs assessed by a My Aged Care assessor. For assessment information or to organise an assessment you or your family can access the My Aged Care web portal or call 1800 200 422.

We would be happy to assist you in contacting My Aged Care and help you to navigate the government aged care system. Simply contact one of our friendly staff on (02) 9832 4599.

The regional assessment service will advise us of the level of service you have been approved for and for how long you may receive the service.

After the assessment we will make contact with you and organise to meet and discuss your needs.

Who Can Access the Respite and Wellness Service (RWS)

You must be a frail, older person, 65 years of age or over (or be an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person 50 years of age or over) living at home and require some help to remain living safe and independent. Then based on your assessment you may be eligible to receive assistance from the Respite and wellness Service supplied by Our Lady of Consolation (OLOC).

We operate in the local government areas of: Auburn, Blacktown, Hawkesbury, The Hills, Holroyd, Parramatta, Penrith and the Blue Mountains.

What Type of Service Might I Receive

OLOC’s Respite and Wellness Service (RWS) focus on both client and carer. We understand that the caring relationship requires a high level of commitment, and this can require a lot of emotional energy. We believe that both client and carer can benefit from participating in activities that recharge them and refresh them.

Such as:

  • Individualised healthy lifestyle programs that make it easier for individuals to stay healthy and be able to live at home.
  • A broad range of individual and group recreation activities that participants find interesting and fun.
  • Accessing our state of the art GYM facilities located on our Rooty Hill campus.

 Paying For the Respite and Wellness Service

The staff at My Aged Care will assess your eligibility to receive Commonwealth Home Support Services such as the Respite and Wellness Service (RWS). They will ask you to provide information on your income status, then they will provide you with some initial information on fees.

If your personal circumstances allow, you will be expected to contribute to the cost of the Respite and Wellness Service and our friendly staff will discuss our fees policy with you. We offer a range of payment options that we can tailor to meet your financial circumstances.

Our Commitment to You 

We want to ensure that you are more than satisfied with the service you receive, and that it will help you to continue to live at home. However, if for some reason this is not the case then we would encourage you to contact us immediately on (02) 9832 4599 and your concerns will be dealt with promptly and professionally.

Whilst OLOC would prefer to have the opportunity to resolve all complaints directly in the first instance, If the resolution is not to your satisfaction or you prefer to use the external complaints procedure for CHSP services, which includes an independent review, we will assist you to do so. Please refer to the Concerns, Complaints and Suggestions section for further information.

The appropriate external agency for complaints about Commonwealth Home Support Program service provided to clients 65 years of age or over (or 50 years of age or over for Aboriginal or Torres Strait island people) is the Aged Care Complaints Commissioner. Contact details are as follows:

Aged Care Complaints Commissioner
GPO Box 9848
(Letters should be marked ‘Confidential’)
Toll-free: 1800 550 552