Home Lawn and Maintenance Service (LMS)

Our Lady of Consolation's Home Lawn Mowing and Maintenance Service (LMS) aims to improve your sense of well-being by increasing your level of independence, your safety and your ability to access things in your home.

How to Get Started

You will have to have your needs assessed by a My Aged Care assessor. For assessment information or to organise an assessment you or your family can access the My Aged Care web portal www.myagedcare.gov.au/ or call 1800 200 422.

We would be happy to assist you in contacting My Aged Care and help you to navigate the government aged care system. Simply contact one of our friendly staff on (02) 9832 4599.

The regional assessment service will advise us of the level of service you have been approved for and for how long you may receive the service.

After the assessment we will make contact with you and organise to meet and discuss your needs.

Who Can Access the Home Lawn and Maintenance Service (LMS)

You must be a frail, older person, 65 years of age or over (or be an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person 50 years of age or over) living at home and require some help to remain living safe and independent. Then based on your assessment you may be eligible to receive assistance from the Home Lawn Mowing and Maintenance Service supplied by Our Lady of Consolation (OLOC).

We operate in the local government areas of: Auburn, Blacktown, Hawkesbury, The Hills, Holroyd, Parramatta, Penrith and the Blue Mountains.

What Type of Service Might I Receive

The help that you can access through this service has a focus on repairs and maintenance of the home and garden but does not include general renovations to your home. It must improve your safety, accessibility and be specific to keeping you independent and living at home. Some of the services that might assist you are:

  • Garden maintenance, pruning, mowing or weeding where there are issues of safety or accessibility.
  • Replacement of light bulbs and tap washers.
  • Installation of batteries in smoke or security alarms.
  • Cleaning of gutters or windows.
  • Minor roof repairs.

Paying For the Home Lawn and Maintenance Service

The staff at My Aged Care will assess your eligibility to receive the Home Lawn Mowing and Maintenance Service (LMS). They will ask you to provide information on your income status, then they will provide you with some initial information on fees.

If your personal circumstances allow, you will be expected to contribute to the cost of the Home Lawn Mowing and Maintenance Service and our friendly staff will discuss our fees policy with you. We offer a range of payment options that we can tailor to meet your financial circumstances.

Our Commitment to You 

We want to ensure that you are more than satisfied with the service you receive, and that it will help you to continue to live at home. However, if for some reason this is not the case then we would encourage you to contact us immediately on (02) 9832 4599 and your concerns will be dealt with promptly and professionally.

Whilst OLOC would prefer to have the opportunity to resolve all complaints directly in the first instance, If the resolution is not to your satisfaction or you prefer to use the external complaints procedure for CHSP services, which includes an independent review, we will assist you to do so. Please refer to the Concerns, Complaints and Suggestions section for further information.

The appropriate external agency for complaints about Commonwealth Home Support Program service provided to clients 65 years of age or over (or 50 years of age or over for Aboriginal or Torres Strait island people) is the Aged Care Complaints Commissioner. Contact details are as follows:

Aged Care Complaints Commissioner
GPO Box 9848
(Letters should be marked ‘Confidential’)
Toll-free: 1800 550 552
Website: www.agedcarecomplaints.gov.au/